Other Funding Opportunities
- The Foundation Center - contains links to foundation and corporate funders, charities, and community foundations.
- ACLS: The American Council of Learned Societies offers a major fellowship program and more.
- American Cancer Society
- AMS: The American Mathematical Society offers the Centennial Fellowship Program.
- APS: The American Philosophical Society offers a General Program the supports research in all areas of knowledge. Other program focus on jurisprudence, Native American linguistics and history, clinical medicine, and history of 20th century physical sciences. A resident fellowship program is also available.
- AAUW: The American Association of University Women offers fellowship and grant programs for women.
- Creative Capital supports artists in in the visual, performing and media arts.
- The Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation offers several programs for the chemical sciences.
- The John Simon Guggenheim Foundation offers a fellowship program advanced professionals in all fields (natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, creative arts) except the performing arts.
- The Howard Foundation provides year-long fellowships in the arts and humanities. Fellows must be nominated by the institution.
- The Library Company of Philadelphia each year awards approximately twenty one-month fellowships for research in residence in its collections, which are capable of supporting research in all aspects of American history and culture up to about 1880. The Program in Early American Economy and Society will award at least one dissertation fellowship and one advanced research fellowship. Also each year two one-month Barra Foundation International Research Fellowships are offered to support research in residence in their collections by foreign national scholars of early American history and culture living outside the United States.
- National Humanities Center offers fellowships for advanced study in the humanities.
- National Academies of Science
- ACS PRF - The American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund supports research in chemistry, earth sciences, chemical engineering, and in related fields such as polymers and materials science.
- Research Corporation supports original research in chemistry, physics, and astronomy.
- Spencer Foundation supports research in education for all disciplines.
- Stanford Humanities Center offers residential fellowships to junior and senior scholars.
- The State Justice Institute awards grants to improve the quality of justice in State courts nationwide.
- Virginia Environmental Endowment - The VEE's mission is to improve the quality of the environment by using its capital, expertise and resources to encourage all sectors to work together to prevent pollution, conserve natural resources, and promote environmental literacy.
- Whitaker Foundation supports research and education in biomedical engineering.
Michigan State University grants database: http://staff.lib.msu.edu/harris23/grants/index.htm. Contains information and links to a wide range of funding opportunities and agencies including foundations, scholarships, federal funding. Worth checking out.