The Research Competitiveness Subprogram (RCS) is designed to improve the competitiveness of Louisiana scientists and engineers for non-state support for basic research and is modeled after the NSF EPSCoR program. Only the sciences and engineering, as defined by NSF, are eligible for funding under the RCS. Generally this program is targeted at early career tenure-track faculty who are building their research programs and who have not yet been successful in receiving federally-competitive funding.
- Demonstrate capability of becoming nationally competitive.
- Strong publication record within field of proposal
- Show capability of receiving and managing grant funding
- Institutional support of PI/project should be evident
- Carefully proof and allow others in the field to review proposal.
- Equipment match of 25% is required