The Industrial Ties Research Subprogram (ITRS) is designed to promote new linkages between Louisiana universities in areas of research where strong potential exists for more immediate economic returns. Cost sharing on the part of participating Louisiana industries is a requirement for receiving Support Fund money under the ITRS. If you plan to apply for the TRS component, please consult with Rich Kordalof the Office of Intellectual Property and Commercialization regarding your project potential for economic development. The Office of Intellectual Property and Commercialization is a combined technology transfer and industrial liaison office that manages patents and other intellectual properties for Tech and provides assistance to firms and individuals seeking research or licensing assistance.
- Must have significant match from outside partner
- Must demonstrate benefit to Louisiana economic development
- PI must have demonstrated expertise in the field proposed
- Strong track record of publications
- Ability to secure additional federal funding