The Enhancement Program emphasizes improving the infrastructure of department and units within colleges and universities, primarily through acquisition of research and instructional equipment. Any type of infrastructure improvement project is allowed as long as the proposed project significantly improves the quality of instruction forstudents and/or enhances the department's research area. Priority is given to proposals that demonstrate potential for regional and/or national eminence, commensurate with the submitting institution's degree offerings. The Board dedicates approximately 50% of the Support Fund appropriation to this program component.
- Salary support is generally disallowed
- Each piece of equipment must be detailed, justified, and reasonable
- A strong show of institutional match must be evident
- Demonstrate university capability for regional and national eminence
- Review funded proposals to comply with writing style and format
- Proof carefully and allow others within the field to review