OFFICE OF SPONSORED PROJECTS VISION STATEMENT:
"The Office of Sponsored Projects is committed to creating and maintaining an atmosphere of
service for all university staff that will foster the growth of research and
scholarly activities at Louisiana Tech University."
In keeping with our
vision statement, the Office of Sponsored Projects offers in-house workshops,
including but not limited to, the below list (dates/times/locations are in red). These workshops can also be conducted
at the convenience of the college, department, or individuals. Please e-mail Beth Free (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule or for more information. Scheduled workshop dates are in red.
Also, in an effort to better serve the
Louisiana Tech research community, we’d like to hear from you. Please
download our suggestion/comment sheet (Word doc) and let us know your interests
and needs with regard to seeking and maintaining research funding.
SECTION I - Preparing/Submitting Proposals:
LaTech Proposal Process (New Faculty): Guidelines on how to put your proposal together, then approved
and submitted. Next workshop: TBD
- Grants.gov WORKSPACE - New online application process which will replace downloadable PDF application by January 2018. A
required submission site for most NIH and other federal submissions. For
new or experienced grant writers. Next workshop:
- Research & Project Planning: How to turn your research idea into a fundable research project. Next workshop:
- Subcontract vs. Contracts for Services: What you need to know before you route. Next workshop:
- Creating & Maintaining a Budget: Learn the different components of a budget and how rates and terms are applied. Next workshop:
- Board of Regents Support Fund (2017 UPDATE): Discussion of recent restructure of BoR Support Fund. Next workshop:
Segmented workshops available for the BoR Support Fund:
RCS & RCS One Year (formerly Pfund) - Research Competitiveness Subprogram (RCS) and RCS One Year Funding for New Research. Next workshop:
ITRS/PoC/P - Industrial Ties Research
Subprogram with Proof of Concept/Prototype Component. Next workshop:
Enhancement Subprogram - Submission of
Traditional Enhancement Proposals. Next workshop:
Graduate Fellows - (DISCONTINUED)
For more information on the Board of
Regents Support Subprograms, go to http://laregents.org/www2/index.htm.
- Life in the Fastlane System (NSF): Learn to
create and submit proposals to the National Science Foundation (NSF) for
federally funded research projects. Next workshop:
- (NEW!) NSF Fastlane & Research.gov:
- NIH Grant Writing: Become familiar with the
different types and series of funding opportunities through NIH (R1, R15,
R21) as well as pitfalls to avoid when submitting to NIH. Next workshop:
II - Managing Your Grant:
- Grant Management/Administration: Learn how to set up your Grant account, read the CICS blue ledger sheets and navigate the purchasing, accounting and personnel matrices. Presented by Ms. Courtney Jarrell, Sponsored Projects Contracts Administrator (email@example.com). Next workshop: . Please e-mail Ms. Jarrell to register.
SECTION III - Finding Funding
- Funding Sources: Learn about
the different funding agencies available and register to receive scheduled
e-mails with current funding opportunities at NSF, Grants.gov, Louisiana Board
of Regents, etc., websites. Next workshop:
(NEW!) OTHER WORKSHOP TRAINING:
- Amplifund, a new grant management software program for faculty who have funded grants. Next workshops are:. Please contact Mrs. Courtney Jarrell via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (x2416) to register.
- Time & Effort Reporting - Next workshop:
- Purchasing Cards for Grants -